About us – EMC Technologies
The EMC Japan office is staffed by their Japanese- English speaking Technical Specialist who is supported by the comprehensive resources of the EMC Technologies group in Australia and New Zealand.
EMC Technologies Pty Ltd has been providing Local Authorized Representative services under the Australian C-tick and A-tick Labelling regulations since 1997 when the regulations were introduced. The new Regulatory Compliance Mark (RCM) replaced the C-tick and A-tick marks in March 2013. The new RCM scheme has introduced significant changes to Electrical Safety approval requirements. We will be pleased to assist you in complying with the RCM regulations.
EMC Technologies Pty Ltd established since 1992, is an internationally accredited and independent Australian owned company providing specialist testing and consulting services to all areas of the electrical/electronics industry in Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Electromagnetic Fields (EMF), Telecoms and Electrical Safety testing. Comprehensive facilities with a wide scope of technical capability are established in Melbourne , Sydney and Auckland (NZ) and are supported by over 40 technical specialists and administrative staffThe industry sectors serviced include:
- – Australia
- – Europe
- – USA
- Mobile Phones and Telecoms
- Automotive “e” and “E” marking
- EMF and SAR Testing
- Military (MIL-STD461) and Aerospace
- Electrical Safety Testing
- Railway and Rolling Stock
- Medical Equipment
- In-Situ testing
EMC Technologies laboratories in Australia are fully accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 (2017) by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) and A2LA. NATA and A2LA are members of ILAC and have Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRA) with similar accreditation Bodies such as NVLAP, Japan Accreditation Board (JAB), VLAC, TAF (Taiwan), CNAS (China) and most other countries’ accreditation bodies.
Download a copy of the full NATA scope of accreditation’s here.
Why Choose EMC Technologies?
EMC Technologies-Your Partner in Global Approvals
EMC Technologies (EMCT) is committed to maintaining, updating and extending our knowledge of technical regulations and standards in the fields of compliance and product approvals. A key value added service by EMC Technologies is ensuring that our clients have the latest information on the status and trends in Australian/New Zealand and international standards, regulations and enforcement activities.
As a member a member of the ACMA Technical Working Group (TWG) that advises the government on regulatory and compliance issues, you will have the latest information and developments in the industry. EMCT stays at the forefront in standards and regulations in by regularly attending conferences, seminars, training courses, regulator briefings, test house forums etc.
Standards Bodies/Regulatory Bodies
- EMCT senior staff sit on Standards Australia and government committees, and are actively involved in the development of Australian and international EMC, EMR, Safety, telecoms and radiocoms standards and regulations.
- EMCT has a representative on the ACMA Technical Working Group on the EMC, Radiocoms and Telecoms regulatory issues.
- Membership of Australian government consultative committees on the development and implementation of the EMC regulations (C-tick), EMR regulations and Telecommunications Labelling Notice (A-tick).
- EMCT senior engineer was chairperson of Standards Australia Committee on EMC
- EMCT is a member of key overseas associations involved in testing and approvals.
- Member of FCC Testing and Certification Bodies (TCB) Council and attends the training workshops held by the FCC twice a year. This ensures that we are up to date in the latest developments in the USA.
- Member of the Australian Electrical Compliance Testing Association
- Member of the UK EMC Test Labs Associations.
- Member of the European Radio Equipment Directive Compliance Association (REDCA).
Benefits in appointing EMC Technologies as your Australian Local Authorized Representative.
- EMC Technologies offers you a foothold in Australia and New Zealand. : a name, address, telephone and fax number. Saves you the cost of an overseas office.
- Make entrance to Australian –New Zealand market simple: You need only ONE Local Authorized Representative to deal exclusively with the RCM marking regulatory issues, and you can have multiple importers, distributors and sales representatives.
- Gain easier access to Australia-New Zealand Market: as long as your products have the RCM label using EMC Technologies ACMA registration, importers, distributors and sales representatives will be easier to find and to deal with as they will not have to deal with complex conformity issues.
- EMC Technologies acts as the contact person for market surveillance authorities and end users when conformity issues are concerned.
- EMC Technologies stores and updates the Compliance Folders and technical files of the products sold in Australia – New Zealand , and makes them available to the appropriate authorities upon request.
- EMC Technologies Pty Ltd registers your products on the appropriate Data Base or register with the appropriate authorities. (When legally possible)
- We monitor and report on new developments relevant in Australian – New Zealand product legislation..
- The fees are once only and fixed per the contractual agreement . No surprises.
EMC Technologies building has Department of Defence rated security. Operating since 1992, we are trusted by local industry to protect their Intellectual Property. We guarantee no involvement in any business other than testing and approvals. We are not at all involved in product sales or manufacturing. We will keep your business secrets confidential. It is EMC Technologies that keeps your technical files, not the local distributor who could one day be your competitor.